Cultural Biodiversity program
Cultural Biodiversity (CB) program is implemented in partnership with environment education Clubs in 24 public schools, at least one from each regional state sides, side by side with formal classroom learning, with which students are engaged over their
school years, the CB program has created an opportunity to promote the transfer of knowledge and practices through the traditionally established system of learning by doing in the school compounds and through field experiences
The Program Vision
To see healthy, self-confident, productive and proactive youth, working for themselves and their local communities and country, and to promote the cultural biodiversity program for its incorporation into the
the education system, informal and/or Formal, all schools throughout the country.
The Project Impact
schools with productive and pedagogic gardens.
- Local botanical gardens established to conserve and promote valuable local seeds"
- Local cultural biodiversity with it's associated knowledge and practices valued
- knowledge and skills of women valued and made visible
- Understand the importance of combining biodiversity conservation with sustainable use
- Young people, particularly young women, capable of organizing themselves into self-help groups providing environmental and social services for their communities