The Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) is a registered Ethiopian Residents Civil Society Charity (NGO). It was established in 1996 to work with farming communities in partnership with the Tigray Bureau of Agriculture and Natural Resources: since 2000 it expanded its work to Amhara (South Wollo Zone), Oromia (3 weredas) and SNNP (3 weredas) Regions.
Therefore, ISD is seeking to employ a well-experienced accountant who will:
- Manage all finances of the ISD,
- Monitor and review accounting and related financial system reports for accuracy and completeness,
- Review budgets, revenues, expenses, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents,
- Interacts with external auditors in completing audits,
- Manage accurate accounts and prepare monthly and annual internal financial reports,
- Monitors performance of office petty cash system in all ISD offices,
- Ensures record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the Ethiopian Law,
- Ensures that all activities and finance of ISD are being implemented as per respective annual plans and all payments are effected in accordance with ISD and Donor policies and procedures,
- Provide proper accountancy and support to the project activities; proper and accurate accounting of project funds,
- Monitor program expenditure against approved budgets and analyze variance and provide support to program staff.
- Ensure maintaining of compliance with the ChSA (Charity and Society Agency) budget criteria, and recommend to a respective unit reduction in administrative costs,
- Perform and /or supervise functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances, and field expense reports, reconcile cash on a ledger and monthly bank reconciliation,
- Assist in training and supporting the program and other support staffs in their financial activities and,
- Other related things.
So the possible candidate should produce the following credentials and evidence.
- Degree and above in accounting
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Well-compiled CV,
- At least 6 years and above of working experiences
- 3 Recommendation from other GOs or NGOs; (NGO experience is mandatory)
- Excellent knowledge of using Peachtree accounting system,
Interested applicants are advised to submit their application within 7 days from the first day of this announcement by hand to our main office located on the main road to Megenagna close to the British Embassy. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.
Contact address: Tel: +251-116-186774, +251-912 98 60 74